Amerikaanse Sollicitatiebrief en Curriculum Vitae (=Résumé)
Deze pagina geeft voorbeelden van een Amerikaanse sollicitatiebrief (= application letter) met een bijbehorend curriculum vitae (résumé). Het chronological résumé heeft de voorkeur wanner u solliciteert op een baan die goed aansluit bij uw werkervaring en opleiding tot nu toe. Het functional résumé kan worden gebruikt als u liever de nadruk legt op uw algemene vaardigheden (= relevant skills).
Let op de plaats en inhoud van de persoonlijke gegevens (minder uitvoerig dan in een Nederlands c.v.), en meteen daarna het onderdeel “Werkdoel” oftewel “Objective” (= Job Objective / Professional Objective).
Your addressee’s name
Dear Mr. (or Ms.) last name,
Start your letter with a grabber—a statement that establishes a connection with your reader, a probing question, or a quotable quote. Briefly say what job you are applying for.
The mid-section of your letter should be one or two short paragraphs that make relevant points about your qualifications. You should not summarize your résumé! You may incorporate a column or bullet point format here.
Your last paragraph should initiate action by explaining what you will do next (e.g., call the employer) or instigate the reader to contact you to set up an interview. Close by saying “thank you.”
Your handwritten signature
Your name (typed)
Director of Training, First Nationwide Bank
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Top-notch administrator with more than 15 years experience in finance.
- M.B.A. and extensive training in seminars for working professionals.
- Outstanding productivity both as a loan officer and as a supervisor.
- Unique combination of expertise in mortgage banking, training, sales, and finance.
- Dynamic leader and team builder, consistently motivating others toward success.
|1994-present||MORTGAGE MADNESS, Pleasant Hill CA
Director of Sales and Training
Managed eight loan officers, with responsibility for $288 million in production, plus full responsibility for all training.
- Designed and led seven monthly training sessions, including broker education and product knowledge seminars, sales strategy and training.
- Reported directly to the president of the company.
1990-94MAUDLIN MORTGAGE, Rustic City CA
Developed expertise in all areas of residential financing, including builder business, portfolio loans, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac investor loans.
- Top producing loan officer for Maudlin in 1992.
- Built a large client base by successfully implementing relationship selling.
1992- presentDALE CARNEGIE INC., San Rafael CA
Dale Carnegie Instructor
- Trained top-level managers of Fortune 500 companies.
- Named “Bay Area Instructor of the Year” in 1993. Consistently reached 93 percent figure for students graduating.
1987-90COUNTY OF LEWIS, Alameda, CA
Director, Administrative and Fiscal Services1985-87DREYDEN BEVERAGES, Hayward, CA
Senior Internal Auditor1980-85BLOUCHER MELON & CO., San Francisco, CA
- For this “Big Eight” accounting firm, consulted with CEOs and CFOs of diverse industries (computer services, construction, legal services, high tech) concerning auditing, tax accounting, and management.
1979-80MEGATECH MANUFACTURING, Foster City, CA
Wilkes College, Wilkes-Barre PA
Zip code + Town + Country
A position as Sales Coordinator, Representative or Account Executive.
- Twelve years successful experience in direct sales of a range of products and services.
- Extensive practical hands-on experience as co-owner and manager of a small business.
- Motivated and enthusiastic about developing good relations with clients.
- Effective working alone or as a cooperative team member.
- Professional in appearance and presentation.
SALES & NEW ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT
- Increased a small publication’s advertising revenue through market research and promotion.
- Developed new distribution outlets for a special-interest magazine in Northern California
– Made cold calls and follow-up visits to retail outlets throughout the region.
– Organized detailed routebooks and financial recordkeeping.
– Successfully increased readership by more than 40 percent over a two-year period.
- Served as vendor representative for Jana Imports:
– Coordinated product information and distribution for 75 field representatives and major accounts.
– Promoted giftware products at trade shows throughout the region.
– Handled face-to-face contacts with new and established customers.
- Oversaw the production of advertising and its placement in major trade publications.
ADVERTISING, MARKETING, DISTRIBUTION
- Organized and styled merchandise for effective presentation in a 20-page giftware catalog.
- Kept accurate, current computer records of inventory, international suppliers, brokers, shippers, etc.
- Handled all aspects of order taking and processing, both at Bill’s Dairy and Jana Imports.
|1991-present||Sales Coordinator||JANA IMPORTS, Oakland|
|1986-90||Distribution Coordinator||DEJA VU PUBLISHING CO., San Rafael|
|1980-85||Co-Owner / Manager||BILL’S DAIRY PRODUCTS, Livermore|
Bay City College, San Francisco, Liberal arts studies 1977-80
Voor meer informatie raadpleeg de volgende (Engelstalige) websites: